Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

To speak with an experienced personal injury attorney regarding
your specific legal concern, please contact Kistler Law Firm.

Home / FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Kistler Law Firm is a personal injury practice serving Lancaster, Palmdale, and the Antelope Valley. For the convenience of our clients and anyone in the local community who comes across our website, we provide the answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as links to several online resources. To speak with an experienced personal injury attorney regarding your specific legal concern, please contact Kistler Law Firm to schedule a consultation.

What should I do if I’ve been in an accident?

First, call 911 and request law enforcement. Next, check on the passengers and other drivers involved. Once you have confirmed everyone is safe, find witnesses and record their contact information. Then, take pictures of the following:

  • the other vehicle,
  • the other driver’s driver’s license,
  • the other driver’s auto insurance,
  • the other driver’s vehicle registration, o the overall scene of the accident.

Once law enforcement arrives, do not admit fault to the other driver or officer. Record the officer’s contact information and request the traffic collision report number. After you leave the scene, go to your nearest urgent care or medical center. Do not post your accident on social media. Finally, call or text Kistler Law Firm at 661-206-6990. We will be happy to help.

What if I am partly to blame for the accident?

California does not bar recovery for personal injuries even if the person seeking compensation is partially to blame for the accident. Rather, courts assess liability in proportion to fault. This means that if you are determined to be 20% at fault and the other driver is 80% at fault in an accident, you can recover compensation but your reward will be reduced by 20%. Comparative negligence cases can be complex, so it is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney before pursuing your claims.

What are your hours?

Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However, we are available to take your call 24/7! If you would like to schedule an appointment outside our normal office hours, please call to get that scheduled.

What should I bring to my consultation with Kistler Law Firm?

  • Your driver’s license
  • Your auto insurance information
  • Your health insurance information
  • Any reports that were given to you by law enforcement or medical personnel
  • All information you have about other vehicles involved in the accident
  • All photos you have of your injuries, the vehicles involves, and the overall scene of the accident
Schedule your Free

Stop by for a free consultation. We are conveniently located on 11th Street West, just off the
Avenue N exit on the 14 freeway.

* Required Field

By submitting this form I acknowledge that contacting Kistler Law Firm, APC, through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms
Kistler Law Firm, APC