Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

Kistler Law Firm, APC is a personal injury practice serving Lancaster, Palmdale, and the Antelope Valley. For the convenience of our clients and anyone in the local community who comes across our website, we provide the answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as links to several online resources. To speak with an experienced personal injury attorney regarding your specific legal concern, please contact Kistler Law Firm, APC to schedule a consultation.

What should I do if I’ve been in an accident?

Call 9-1-1 to notify the police and to request an ambulance, if necessary. Then, try to write down all the information you can about the accident, including your exact location, where you were going, people with you in the car, the weather, and the time of day. From the other driver, take down his or her name, address, driver’s license number, insurance information, and anything else that may be relevant. Identify any witnesses to the scene and try to get their information.

What if I am partly to blame for the accident?

California does not bar recovery for personal injuries even if the person seeking compensation is partially to blame for the accident. Rather, courts assess liability in proportion to fault. This means that if you are determined to be 20% at fault and the other driver is 80% at fault in an accident, you can recover compensation but your reward will be reduced by 20%. Comparative negligence cases can be complex, so it is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney before pursuing your claims.

What should I bring to my initial intake meeting with Kistler Law firm?

  • Driver’s license
  • Your own auto insurance declaration page
  • Your health insurance card
  • Any reports or cards that were given to you by traffic enforcement or medical personnel
  • Your auto registration card
  • Any documents or information given to you from the other vehicles involved in the accident
  • Any photos depicting the accident scene, property damage or bodily injuries
Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation